Wednesday, July 13, 2011

[New Beginnings]: Apologies & Farewells

Hello all! This is Maggie speaking, with some words of happiness and sadness to share with you.

First, I would like to apologize for the slow down in posting - the fault is mine, indeed, and it is due to some rather exciting (yet anxiety-inducing) news! After three fantastic years of employment and part of the year as your bloggeuse extraordinaire (that's not a real term), I will be leaving Street Scene this Friday to pursue a career in fashion in New York. There's absolutely no way I could have gotten halfway to my dream without the help and support of my two incredible bosses and the line of ladies that I've had the ultimate pleasure of working with. I will miss the store and people (and you readers!) immensely but am comforted by the fact that I've had the best three years at the best job Lexington has to offer. In my stead, we're going to be starting a new kind of blogging roll - one in which you'll get to know the ladies of Street Scene much better!


In the top left corner is my lovely little face and from now on, whenever we have a new blog post, it will be accompanied by an oh-so-sweet photo of the employee who wrote the post! More often than not you'll see Kate and Emma's faces, but occasionally we hope to get Cara and Abby involved, as well!

I hope you all enjoy the beauty and hilarity that is Street Scene as much as I have and can only hope that you keep reading the blog! I know they've got exciting stuff up their sleeves, so stay tuned!

So, signing off for the last time - have a great day all you wonderful people! And "just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

If you can name the movie that's from without looking it up, you're coming with me to New York! haha

Farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment