Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Do I need this?

I ask myself that question more times a day than any human being should. The answer, I've found, is usually yes. I'm sure as you all are thrifting, you find things that you KNOW you don't need, yet the more you think about them, the more you realize that maybe you actually do. Lets talk about two particular items that we have in the store currently that are on my 'I need this' list. Maybe you'll need them more than me, and I can finally be free of drooling over them.

We have all seen them, and I'm sure we have all been romanced by their image. Yes, I'm talking about typewriters, what else would I be talking about?  Its funny how certain things/images become really popular. I remember about 4 or 5 years ago, I decided to get a fleur de lis tattoo. All of a sudden, the fleur de lis was on every single item in every store. Well, as of a few years ago, this craze hit the typewriter. Typewriters are certainly 'in' right now, and I can attest to a few of my friends owning one just because it 'looks cool'. The best thing about the two typewriters that I'm going to show you, is that they both work (one may need a new ribbon). Lets take a look, shall we?!
This typewriter is a Sears Citation 2. It has its own carrying case and comes with the original instructions. I don't know about you, but when any vintage item comes with its original box, instructions, or anything that could possibly have illustrations on it, I'm all over it. This piece would make a great decorating item! This typewriter is currently at $67.50.

This next typewriter is my favorite. Its a Smith-Corona Super Sterling, and is also listed at $67.50. It has the same basic body style as does the previous typewriter, but what I'm really interested in is the really special gunmetal color with the great red accents. I'm a sucker for good design, and I'll tell you what, this thing is beautiful. I understand the enjoyment of typing on a typewriter, how satisfying it must be to hear/feel each key, to see the indention of the letter on the paper. But I am impatient. And I love computers. And as much as I 'need' this item, I know that I actually don't. But someone does. People come in looking for typewriters all the time! If either of these beautiful machines are on your 'need' list, let us know. As always, feel free to facebook or call us (260.1578) if you want us to hold either of them. Talk to you guys next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment