Friday, September 9, 2011

Did that scare you?

I'm going to let you in on one of the worst kept secrets: I'm the world's biggest scaredy-cat. There is an unspoken rule amongst my friends that when they come over to my house, they HAVE to make noise and call my name out before they come within 20 feet of me, or else I scream and jump 100 feet in the air. I broke up with a boyfriend once because he tried to scare me right after we finished watching Paranormal Activity. True story. I literally can somehow manage to pee my pants and start crying within the first two minutes of a horror movie, and I pretty much always sprint around the house at night to avoid being murdered by the hoard of demons that is surely living in the nook by the kitchen. That being said, I love Halloween, er, the softer side of Halloween.

I really love to decorate for holidays, but Halloween always puts me at a bit of a stand-still. I want to put masks and ghosts and ghouls everywhere, but I also don't want to curl in a ball under my desk and cry all night. (Real talk). Since I've spent the last few days setting up for Halloween at the store, I noticed that certain decorations bring out a fun spooky feeling, as opposed to the horrible terror I usually feel come this time of year. I'm absolutely in love with the vintage feel of a lot of the decorations we have in the store right now.

 We went with a bit of a 'Haunted Farmhouse' theme for this section of our Halloween room. These vintage inspired decorations really make me feel happy! Check out that really awesome black mantle/mirror hanging above the fireplace! The strand of light up ghosts, along with the awesome spooky cat garland really make the mantle pop. The spooky cat ring toss game is another fun thing to do when you are throwing your Halloween party! Take a look at the candles in the candle holder ( please ignore my presence in the mirror, shoulda showered ). You all need to come in and check them out! They are really great colors, some have a 'rusted' appearance, and smell perfect for fall. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a few after I'm finished with this post. They smell THAT good.

We also have these super great masks in. For some reason, I am not scared of these bad boys, and I want them all! The crying gypsy and the lion are my favorites! These would be an easy costume for those who don't want to go all out this Halloween!

Check out these rat earrings! I'm really attracted to these because it seems like something an elementary school art teacher would wear, and that's just fine by me. Our rat earrings are priced at $3.99, and they would make a fun gift for anyone! They are also just a fun way to spice up an outfit for the Halloween season.

Lastly, I LOVE these guys. These busts are wearing pointy little hats and would look great on a mantle or sitting next to a punch bowl. These are new items, but they have that vintage Halloween feel that is so fun. I really hope that all of you love these decorations as much as I do! If you see an item that you just have to have, let me know! Call the store (260.1578) or chat with me on Facebook and we'll take care of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment