Wednesday, December 28, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I constantly struggle with the fact that I've got so many great clothes, and I never really have the opportunity to wear them. For example, I have a super great 1940's white gown that is the epitome of all that is glamorous. I was sitting at my desk, STARING the dress down, when I decided I was going to wear it. I put it on, did my hair, put some lipstick on, and literally went to go get french toast. That was my night. And it was prefect.

I know that sometimes when you are out shopping for vintage, you find the perfect dress (or pants or top), and the first thing that pops into your head is 'where would i ever wear this'? Stop that! There is always an occasion to wear that fabulous outfit, even if you have to make it up! Though, i do think that eating french toast should be made into a special occassion, especially when its banana french toast!  However, if you can't seem to find a reason to wear the dress, you always have that one time of year where you are expected to be more fabulous that normal: New Years. If your hesitating because the outfit might be over the top, its not. I hope all of you finally bust out that wonderful outfit that has been sitting in your closet waiting for the right time to wear. If you don't have an outfit like that, make sure to come in and see us, we can surely help you find the right vintage attire for your night!


This post is a short one, but I just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy New Year's from Street Scene and myself! You all have been so supportive over the last 4 years or so, and we couldn't be where we are today without you! Have a super great holiday everyone!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment