Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wide eyed...

After months of my ramblings on the one billion items that I love, it may come as a shock to a few of you that there are some things that I don't collect. I say 'some' like its a large number, but really its probably only 3 or 4 genres of items that I probably would collect if I paid more attention to them.

There are things I run into a lot in my thrifting, things that I don't even look at twice because I know I'm not into them. I know that sounds bad, but I feel that I've got my style down, so I know I'm pretty much not going to want Mikasa dishware, (just an example). That being said, I hope that doesn't offend any Mikasa collectors, as there is much to be appreciated about the brand, it just isn't my thing! An item that I always used to pass over, but am now having issues not liking, is anything that falls under the 'wide-eyed' category.

It all started because of working here. I suppose I could say that about a lot of my collections! In the back office, Terri has, and I mean this literally, my favorite paintings of all time. I have been obsessed with them from day one, and I would probably sell a body part to own them. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you 'The French Wide-Eyed Children'.

Best Paintings Ever circa 1965.
I spent so much time seeing these beauties in the back, that I began to find myself being attracted to other paintings and prints that shared the 'wide-eye' characteristics. I don't have any wide-eyed pictures of my own, but I have loved almost every single one that has made its way through the Street Scene doors.

The wide-eye craze really took off in the 1960's, and even made its way to animals! Hold on, everyone, because its about to get cute in here:



WAIT FOR IT....


We have the little guy at the bottom nicely framed for $50. Can you handle those eyes?! I know I can't! 


Coming up next, is this little lady! Look how perfect she is in her sailor cap. What I love about wide-eyed pictures is that they really do work in every room. To me, theres a romance and softness that works so well in a dressing room/bedroom. Just perfect!

Sorry about the short and somewhat all over the place post today. I hope you all enjoyed seeing all of these perfect pictures! Do any of you collect wide-eyed pictures or figures? Let me know, I love hearing from you all!

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment