Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Bicycles...

Well, despite the fact that my house was a whopping 62 degrees yesterday morning, Spring has finally sprung! There are so many things I love about Spring, but if you know me, you know that one thing trumps all: my bicycles!

I have a hard time being super active during the winter for many reasons: a) I cannot, and i mean that very literally, handle the cold. b) picture me screaming point a, just to reiterate how seriously I mean it. Finally c) I have winter induced asthma. (Sorry gentlemen, I'm taken)....

MOVING ON. I love bicycles for many reasons, but the main one has to be the sense of nostalgia that I get when I ride them. I'm not quite sure if one can actually be nostalgic of something that they've never actually been through, but thats what happens to me. When I'm on my bike, its always either 1893 or the 1940s-1960s. Theres just something about riding a bike that takes me to another time, something that makes me feel glamorous and poised. Just something. Cue dreamy music. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

 I have a folder on my computer with pictures of celebrities of yesteryear riding bikes. These pictures are the absolute vision of fashion and glamour!  The pictures, which I just have to save every time I see one, are the perfect inspiration to step my fashion game up! Plus its hard not to smile when you see someone happily riding a bike! There are a lot of great blogs that are solely devoted to images of people riding bikes, and I love it! One of my favorites is PrettyGirlsOnBikes.tumblr.com. What I love so much about this particular site is the stylings of all the ladies! Sometimes when I get into a fashion rut, I will just browse through the pictures on this site and I'll have an outfit inspiration. Heres a perfect example of some of the outfits you will see on this blog:
prettygirlsonbikes.tumblr.com


 Obviously those heels aren't the BEST choice for a bike ride, but when you look that glamorous, I'm not sure it really even matters.  Anyway, without any further stalling, I'd like to leave you all with vintage photos of people on bikes! Enjoy!          

Ginger Rogers





Grace Kelly





Audrey Hepburn




Jean Harlow



Gary Cooper



I really hope you enjoyed all of these wonderful pictures! These are just a few on the ones that I have saved over the years! Do you have a great picture of you riding a bike? Let us see! Anyway, I hope that these pictures at least inspire you to go out and take a ride today. 

Until next time...







                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment