Thursday, March 15, 2012

Under the weather...





I'm going to make today a shorter post since I am currently at home in bed not feeling very well! When I'm not feeling well, I have a few paths I take. Today, I have taken the 'lay in bed and watch old movies until I'm dying' path. I have a few 'go to' movies that always make me feel better. What is it about old movies that make you forget about how horrible you feel and just relax? Anyway, lets talk about whats been on my TV all day.











'Breakfast at Tiffany's'. I know that as I am a girl, it is inherent that I love Audrey Hepburn. I do. 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' makes me happy for a whole slew of reasons. First off, the opening is enough to make me feel better. If someone can wear, and I mean this literally, the PERFECT little black dress, and just eat a delicious danish outside of Tiffany's, then thats enough for me. That might just be my dream day. Next we'll talk about the fashion. Before I knew how much I loved vintage style, I went absolutely NUTS over the outfits I saw in this movie. This was truly one of those movies that made me re-evaluate my style. There are about one billion other aspects that I love about this movie, but I'm sure you all share the same sentiments as me. Moving on.



'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes'. I never thought that I liked Marilyn Monroe. To be honest, I had never seen any of her movies, but I just had it in my head that I wasn't into her. Wrong, wrong, wrong. A few years ago I decided to watch 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes' and I've loved her ever since. This movie is downright hilarious. I think her sense of humor is spot on! I also really enjoyed all of the beautiful clothes in this movie. So many great outfits, and so many jewels! While 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' pulls at my heartstrings every single time I watch it, 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes' is one of those movies I can put on and not think about. I can appreciate that, especially when I'm sick!


Finally, 'The Apartment'. When 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' just isn't enough to break my little heart, I turn to this gem. I LOVE this movie. Jack Lemmon and Shirely MacLaine are both insanely adorable in this one. While I may not be visually stimulated at every turn like the other two, this one just has a personality all its own that makes me fall in love every time I watch it. This movie makes me laugh and cry, which when I'm sick makes me very tired. So in reality, this movie makes me sleep, which is exactly what a sick person needs! Yay!


If you are friends with Street Scene on Facebook, you know that we get into conversations a lot about old movies (and especially Audrey Hepburn). What old movies make you feel better? Does anyone else have an old movie marathon when they aren't feeling well? Anyway, I hope you all are having a great day! Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Dr. Strangelove and City Lights would make it on my old-movies-when-i'm-sick list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both SO GOOD! 'City Lights' really, REALLY is always on my list to watch again. Its just a perfect movie.

    ReplyDelete