Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Vintage DIY: Fresh Summer Color Combos

Whenever I prepare to put together an outfit or decorate a room, my favorite part is playing with different color combinations.  We all have our tried and true classic color combos, but I love searching the internet and magazines for new color inspirations that I may never have thought of on my own.  Here are three of the latest color combinations I'm dying to use in my home and wardrobe right now: Coral and Black; Navy and Pink; and Mint and Yellow!

Black just adds that extra sophistication to just about any color scheme.  While black and orange can end up looking a little too Halloween, coral is the perfect soft shade to pair with black, while still having that pastel-citrusy flair. Whether its a pale salmon shade, or a bright punchy tone, they all look fab with black.

 














We all love the classic color combination of black and pink, but switching out navy for black is a fresh take for summer.  The combo is super preppy, classic, and a little unexpected.  I love the hot pink/fuschia tones for a more dramatic look, but pale pinks are so perfectly girly and sweet too! 

 












Mint is THE color of the season and looks great with just about any color, but I especially love it when paired with sunny, vibrant yellows.  I cannot get enough mint in my wardrobe from jewelry, sunglasses, purses, to dresses; I purchase just about every mint item I can get my hands on.  Try some different mint shades to see what works best with your own complexion or decorating style, from seafoams with blue tints, to deeper kelly green mint colors.










No comments:

Post a Comment