Friday, August 3, 2012

Everyboby POLKA...dot.

   






    
    Polka dots are a friend to ALL. A pattern for all people and all occasions. Whimsical, yet appropriate, polka dots reign King. A tiny polka dot can work as a visual texture or just go for it with 3-D dotted swiss! We all love them here at Street Scene, even the Boss ladies! Personally, I like to mix my dots with even more DOTS! Play with combining different sizes and colors of polka dots, you'll know when it works and when it doesn't.





I can't talk about polka dots without mentioning THE polka dot dress. When Julia Roberts shows up to that polo match wearing a brown and white polka dot dress, we all fell in love. Everyone remembers that dress even though in reality it's very simple, must be the dots!




Vintage 1950's double take polka dots, you might have to give your date a Dramamine, but it's worth it!




This is 1964 Balenciaga. Evening polka dots say, "I have a sense of humor, I have class.This is stunning.
Ummmmm...can it get any better than this? Prabal Gurung Resort 2012.

My new coral polka dot cardigan goes with everything I own. I want to wear it everyday.




I've been putting different color polka dots on my nails every week.
Emma even has polka dots on her platforms!

Don't get your feelings hurt gentlemen, you can wear a lovely polka dot bow tie!

Polka dots are just the greatest. They aren't gender specific, they can be subtle or bold, and they make people happy! Just get some, Ok!?
Love,
Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment