Happy Weekend everyone! So far this week we've given you a little taste of what's to come for the fall (so many amazing clothes, you just have no idea). So, I thought for this week's Look of the Week I'd share my favorites from the summer while we've still got them on the floor! We'll be changing out the clothes and accessories for fall/winter next week, so if you see something you like (and you're in town) - definitely come by to scoop them up before we put them up for winter!
This dress is no-holds-barred, one of the cutest vintage summer dresses I've encountered in my time. It's a great tan stretch cotton in a bodycon silhouette - just look how it hugs her curves! - but the piece de resistance are the belle sleeves with strawberry design! To quote Rachel Zoe, I die.
As with a great amount of vintage items, this dress is teeny tiny. It doesn't even fit the mannequin completely, so I'd guess this would best fit an extra extra small.
To play off the red of the strawberries, these little red heels are a great pop of color. The boyish style of the shoes also helps play down the sexiness of the silhouette of the dress, making it appropriate for daytime! Add a great tooled leather purse and your choice of shades and you're ready to go! I can just picture a bombshell meeting up friends for lunch in this outfit and their jaws just dropping.
This dress is such a statement piece that you don't need much else other than some cream, clear and red bangles!
Red Heels - $12
Tooled leather purse - $48
Sunglasses - $10
Bangles - $1 - $4
And to entice you to get some last minute summer shopping in, I've added some photos of my other favorite dresses we've got in the store!
For some reason I'm having troubling captioning these photos, so I've listed their descriptions below, moving left to right:
1. Late 50s/early 60s light pink tiered dress 2. Late 40s/early 50s pink and grey plaid day dress
3. 60s light green and blue shift with pockets 4. Powder blue shift w/ lace details
5. 60s green and blue flower power bloused-top dress 6. 50s green plaid dress with lace bib
7. 70s psychedelic print maxi (with open back!) 8. 60s yellow mini with daisy detail
9. 70s strapless floral dress with trumpet hem 10. 60s Tan/gold thread linen dress with floral embroidery
11. 70s prairie dress with apron front 12. 40s/50s black dress w/ rhinestone buttons and belt
If any of these have piqued your interest, it's time you stopped by the store before fall is upon us!
Have a great weekend,