Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Christmas TV Specials: Childhood favorites

FINALLY! It's officially Christmastime, my favorite time of year. All I want to do on these cold, cloudy days is sit inside under tons of blankets, amongst all my Christmas trees and decorations, and watch my favorite Christmas movies!  One of my holiday traditions is to find a list of ALL the Christmas specials on TV to make sure I catch my favorites.  This website (2012 Holiday TV Schedule) has been my personal favorite for the last few years because it lists absolutely every possible Christmas show that is airing on any channel throughout all of December.  I go ahead and print out a copy of the schedule and highlight my favorites that I don't want to miss, but you can also bookmark it and check back occasionally on your phone or computer if you prefer.  So what shows definitely need to be on your must watch list for the holiday season?  Well after I began to write this, I realized I had so many favorites that I would have to divide this into multiple blogposts!  Let's start with our favorite childhood Christmas specials.  Whether you have kids of your own, or just love to relive your childhood favorites, be sure not to miss any of these classics:
The original 1964 Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966), A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965), and Frosty the Snowman (1969) are the most popular and well-known of my vintage childhood favorites and are usually shown each year on the major networks at least once or twice.


You also cannot forget the Muppets when it comes to Christmas movies!  My favorite Muppet holiday movies are the Muppet Family Christmas and the Muppet Christmas Carol, both equally hilarious and heartwarming in true muppet fashion!



















 The Year Without a Santa Claus, Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too!, and It's Christmastime Again Charlie Brown are a few more of my lesser known favorites.




What are your favorite holiday movies from childhood?  Any that we forgot to mention?  We hope this list helped bring back some good Christmas memories, and also helps add a few more this holiday season!  Stay tuned for more holiday favorites next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment