Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Vintage DIY: Fresh Picked



Lately I have been adding tons and tons of fresh flowers to my home decor.  Maybe its because I'm so ready for spring, or because they are just such a cheap and easy way to change up your decor, but my floral obsession has been taken to a new level.  Kate is a houseplant expert and has tons of plants in her apartment, and since I had usually just stuck to cut flowers, I decided to take her advice and add some small house plants to my decor as well.  So far I have remembered to water them, and I love the fresh touch they add to little spots throughout the house.  Above is a picture of the mantle above my fireplace where I added lots of mismatched clear glass and then dropped a few fresh flowers in each.  Below are some other pictures of plants I added throughout my home using different planters, jars, or bowls I had lying about.  My favorite place to buy fresh cut flowers is Trader Joe's- they always have a great selection and prices.  For houseplants, Lowe's has a great variety and is very affordable as well!  Scroll down for even more plant inspirations to use throughout your entire home! 





Fresh cut flowers are the perfect way to add a pop of unexpected color!

 I love the look of these tall planters on top of a kitchen island filled with simply greenery.  

Copper pieces can make great planters and I love the way they look with light pink tones!

 via Pinterest
Clear pedestal dishes also make great planters and are super easy to thrift!

A great idea to put shelves for planters in front of any open window in your home!


I  love a simple vase of brightly colored flowers on any kitchen table!

 via Pinterest
Lots of great examples of both plants and cut flowers in this farmhouse kitchen!


 via Pinterest
Match your flowers with your bright decor for a color saturated look!

Every dining table deserves an over-the-top floral arrangement. Large serving bowls work great for creating a lush look.

 via Pinterest
Filling an old distressed cabinet or dresser is a great way to re purpose old or damaged furniture.
A great midcentury planter with a simple plant is all you need for a chic looking entry!

 via Pinterest
Create a whole wall of plants for a real statement!
 Use unexpected items as planters.  This vintage flour sifter planted with succulents will look so adorable displayed in a kitchen.

A great example of simple houseplants mixed with minimal decor.
A neutral color scheme looks great with simple green houseplants.

 via Pinterest
We have TONS of vintage planters in the store, but sometimes it's hard to imagine how they look with plants in them--Look how adorable they look filled with succulents and other plants!

I LOVE using eucalyptus around my home.  It looks great even after it is dried up and adds a subtle scent to your home.  I'm crazy about the giant jar of eucalyptus on the mantle of this home!

 A giant jar of brightly colored wildflowers is the perfect accessory for this chic black and white dining room!
Another great idea for plants inside the home.  Follow the link for more info on creating your own water garden- no soil required!

 via decorology
A bright white mantle filled with mismatched planters, silver pieces, mercury glass, and succulents!

Succulents are also a sweet touch to your coffee table decor!

Tarnished silver pieces make great planters as well, and look awesome grouped together!

2 comments:

  1. Quite Amazing and rare arrangements of exotic flowers . Just Superb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We are all obsessed with adding more plants to our homes!

    ReplyDelete