Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Let Freedom Ring


        I'm back! I just can't control myself, I have to share my feelings about the 4th of July with the world! We are only one day away from my very favorite holiday and I feel like a firecracker about to go off. I look forward to Independence Day all year long. I've been out of town the past couple years and I can't wait to spend this year where I belong, on the streets of Lexington! There's something about the 4th in Lexington that beats all other celebrations. I love parades more than anything and the 4th of July parade always takes the cake. Between the marching bands, weird tiny cars, floats, and flying candy I don't know where to look. My family always went downtown for parades when I was little and the thrill is still there for me.

     I spend the entire year thinking about what I will wear on the 4th. The challenge is finding something festive, but still comfortable for the hot weather. My college roommates/BFF's and I started a tradition of making brunch for all of our friends and then going down to the parade. We end up looking like our own mini parade walking down the street in all of our red, white, and blue regalia. 

This is from the first year we started dressing up. Even little Ludo the puppy wore a cape we made out of some vintage anchor fabric! I like to incorporate some Native American accessories (as usual) to honor America's heritage. I would also like to point out that this is a real Polaroid, the picture was taken pre smart phone photo apps.
The next year we added temporary tattoos to our look. I believe Larissa is adorned with a lotus made of folded 100 dollar bills. perfection.
Last year I spent the 4th with my family in Hilton Head, SC. I missed the parade in Lexington, but the fireworks were amazing! And who doesn't love bunting!?!
I wish I could get my hands on some of this sweet bunting action!



If it gets too hot for you, head to the lazy river! Nothing better than floating in a tube.
Try to catch your breath and take in the cuteness that I get to live with! Slinky is proud to be an American! Doesn't he look good in his flag swimming trunks!?!

We have all your red, white, and blue needs covered here at Street Scene! Go for a nautical frock or just add a festive belt and jewelry.
These firecracker glasses are begging for some ice cold lemonade!

I hope everyone has a fun and safe 4th of July! Come by and get decked out in some patriotic vintage fashion! See you at the parade!
Love, Cara
p.s. I hope there's an Uncle Sam on stilts






No comments:

Post a Comment