Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Kate's final post...

When I first started working at Street Scene, I was a young thing of 21. I was still in Architecture school, and I was being taught by a professor who will in a few short weeks, become my husband. My life is so very much different now at my leaving than it was when I started. I couldn't be happier, though my happiness does come with a great deal of sadness.

I want to first talk a bit about Street Scene as a store. Before I worked here, I was shopping the hell out of this store. I would come in here and spend what little money I had on some amazing vintage piece, and then wait patiently for my next paycheck so I could buy another. Technically, the reason I even got this job was because I was in here shopping so much. Don't ever let anyone tell you that your shopping addiction doesn't bear some positive results! 

I have seen this store grow not only in size, but in scope of items. Being behind the scenes, talking about how to stay on trend with styles and fashions, being apart of making this unique and beautiful store run has been one of the greatest opportunities of my life. It takes a lot of hard work to constantly update our inventory and to create spaces which are new and fresh. I have seen us make changes so that the store runs smoother and better, and I can truthfully say that the store only gets greater as each year passes. 

Now, I'll talk about Street Scene as a family. I truthfully don't know what else so say, other than that these women (and now one man) are my family. They have witnessed me date some pretty terrible people, they have have been behind me when I was sick or upset, and they cheered me on when I was taking on my own endeavors or doing something great. They have been there for it all. We've bumped heads a few times, but thats just part of being close to someone. Not only do I love both the owners, but every single employee that I have worked with. I seriously love each and every one of them, and I've been privy to see them all do great things with their lives.To say I am going to miss my friends here is an understatement. I don't even have a job yet in New York, but I already hate my co-workers because they aren't you guys. 

Now onto you. It doesn't matter if you have come into the store once, three times a week, or if you only read the blog, I appreciate you. Over the past 4 years, I have loved getting to know you and chat with you. Maybe its silly, but seeing a regular come in and say hey to me really brightens my day. I will always and forever miss helping you all pick out outfits, find the perfect gift for someone, or even just listening to you all tell me about your day and telling me whats going on in your life. I also really appreciate all the people that openly took style advice from me, even though I only wear over-sized t shirts and jeans every single day of my life. Thats gutsy on your part. Good for you. I will miss you all, truly. Thanks for helping make working at Street Scene a pleasant experience. 


My last day here at Street Scene is October 7th, which is a Monday. I honestly couldn't think of a better day to go out on, since Mondays are buying/consigning days. If you know me, you know that my love of buying/consigning day is unparalleled. If I had my druthers, I would do this every single day of my life. A girl can dream! 

I hope that I have made some of your days better, just as you all have done mine. I will forever miss you all and this store, and I am endlessly grateful for all that I've experienced here. 

I really held back, so this post wouldn't be a sappy sad piece of poop. You're welcome. 

Goodbye, everyone! Its been a pleasure. 






3 comments:

  1. OMG OMG I have loved reading your posts, but NY is full of opportunities. You are going to do some great things! I will miss your quirky posts, but can only wish you the best in NY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Elizabeth! Thanks so much for the kind words! You are the best!

    ReplyDelete