Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Shes a rainbow...

The person I'm seeing has a lot of books. Hundreds. He has quite possibly a metric ton of books. Kyle, being the overly organized person that he is, makes sure that each shelf/section is not only color coded, but in gradient order. I really enjoy this. There is just something so great about seeing color saturation, especially if its neat and organized.

I used to have all of my clothing racks in color and gradient order, but I realized that my black clothing section was 249234 times the size of any other, so I had to mix it up a bit. While I no longer adopt the color saturation theme for my closet, I DO employ this technique with my shoes. All of which are black. Maybe one day I will believe in bright colors. Today isn't that day.

Helping Kyle set up his bookshelf in our new apartment got me thinking about how beautiful and rare it is to see heavy color saturation today. In the 1960s/70s color saturation was all the rage for decorating, but now, it seems we have become proponents of the eclectic! Its all fine and good, but I think we all need to just take a look at some photos that will most definitely inspire you to try out some color saturation/gradient action the next time you want to straighten your bookshelf, organize your fridge, or decorate a room! (All photos featured are from buzzfeed.com).























How great are these photos? I love the idea of having a small area of a room that has a super saturated color theme to it. If you are having a hard time decorating, why not just try to group a bunch of items together with the same color? It becomes a little vignette that is a perfect statement piece! 

Do any of you decorate in color saturation or gradient scheme? I want to see how you all play around with it!


Until next time...









No comments:

Post a Comment