Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Leopard Love

   Leopard has always been something of a question mark for me. I've never really been sure how I felt about as I've always leaned toward more masculine styles and dark colors (which is probably why I love styling outfits with bright colors and mixed patterns...hmm...). It seems silly but it's a pattern I've pondered on for years! Finally, while I've gone on living my life and thinking of other things, leopard has sunk into my fashion persona. I own a huge leopard faux fur clutch and a leopard pencil skirt that I don't know how I lived without! It's a print that isn't a print at all, but a neutral that can be mixed and matched with any print or color in the book! Below are some accessible ways to incorporate leopard into your wardrobe.

 Leopard coats go well with bright colors or a palette of all black.

 Look city chic with a leopard dress and a grey wool blazer. The smaller the pattern, the less overwhelming the print is and a good way to ease into the style.




Leopard separates can be dressed up or down with a slouchy sweater, a camel skirt or mixed with stripes! 

If a piece of clothing in leopard print seems too daunting, leopard accessories are a great alternative! My clutch was my version of dipping my toes and then took the plunge with my pencil skirt once I felt like I could rock it. We've got some awesome leopard pieces in the store right now, and here are some of my favorites!

 Silk wrap leopard skirt. Throw it on with a black turtleneck!
 This top came as a set with the above skirt. If you're brave, you could totally wear them together! Or wear the top on its own with a pair of dark boot-cut jeans and black booties.
 This coat is so soft! A perfect topper for when it gets cold!
 This silk dress by Bill Blass is bodycon and babalicious. Worn with a grey cardigan or black blazer, this dress would be hot for a night out!
 This silk top is a great piece for those who want a little less from their leopard. In a small print in grey instead of black and tan, this is easy to melt into your wardrobe. It also has a nipped, mild peplum waist that is very flattering.


We also have some fabulous leopard accessories: belts, hats, and a muff (SO good). So come stop by the store to try this trend out on your own!

-Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment