Thursday, March 27, 2014

[What to Wear]: In Peru!


Big things are happening in my life these days! I already blogged about my newest endeavor and couldn't be happier at the prospects it's bringing. But, I'll be heading out of the country for the first time ever and traveling to - and through - Peru for three weeks! I leave tomorrow and prior to heading out, I've done loads of research as to where to stay, what activities to do, how to get from A to B and of course, most importantly - what to wear. More than anything in these dull, cold, dreary winter/spring months I've been craving wearing some light, breezy silks and colorful prints! We've got some fabulous pieces in the store right now that fit the bill so I've taken it upon myself to style a few chic and beach-ready outfits.

Look 1:


Hands down I am obsessed with this eyelet off-the-shoulder top and knew I had to do something with it. Pairing them with these tan silk shorts was a no-brainer and adding woven accessories seemed easy and chic. I would wear this for a lunch in Miraflores in Lima and stroll the streets trying different food carts.

Look 2:



The star of this outfit is the pair of hot pink silk pants which are from the 50's and are high-waisted and cropped at the ankle. That's right, you heard me. I've been really into skinny pants with a longer tunic and this floral beauty fit the bill. Accessorize with a basic, but textural, clutch and some dangly beaded earrings. I'd wear my hair is a low, tight bun for dinner out for some ceviche and Pisco sours.

Look 3: 




Another pair of pants that will certainly turn heads. In Emma's post the other day she touted my beloved palazzo pants, and I am 100% with her that it is a trend worth trying out. I have two pairs of black ones that I'll be taking with me and they're so comfortable and easy and give you enough coverage that when the night turns cool you'll still be feeling a-okay. Pair them with some fun sunglasses and a bright blue woven clutch!

Look 4:


Though I'm definitely more of a separates girl, this gauze dress was calling my name. It can be worn as a beach cover-up or as a dress to check out the local markets. For shape, cinch your waist with this incredible brass belt and add some sunglasses and fuss-free hat and you'll be ready to wander the reed islands in Lake Titicaca.


My travel companion and I are only taking one backpack for each of us since we'll be doing some hiking and can't carry anything extra. So, lightweight and versatile pieces are what I've slowly been searching for the last few months. Any of these outfits would easily keep me bulk-free and stylish. 



Until my return!






No comments:

Post a Comment