Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Set the Table {Pt. 1}

My love of vintage began when I was about four or five.  My mom would bring me along to garage sales and antique stores with her all the time, but unlike most kids I wasn't interested in looking for toys.  Back in those days my favorite thing to play was "diner," and I had transformed my entire playroom into a mini restaurant.  There was nothing more exciting to me than buying "real" dishes and tableware for my pretend diner, and vintage stuff was always cheap enough for me to buy myself.  I still have many of my favorite things from my diner today, although now I'm able to use them in a real grown-up kitchen of my own. Even today I'm constantly collecting dishes and tableware for different parties, gatherings, and events that I plan on having, and you can find various table decor stored in just about every nook and cranny of my house.  To me, the most fun part of having a party is decorating the space and especially setting the table.  Lately there are so many great ideas for table settings ranging from rustic styles, to bohemian, to more traditional.  There are also so many elements to consider when setting your table: florals, napkins, tablecloths, silverware, plates, glasses, place cards, and more.  Check out some of my favorite table settings below and come back next week when I will style some similar table settings using items available here at Street Scene!



 via Soyonan














 

 via Pinterest


 via Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment