Thursday, May 28, 2015

LOCALITY: A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS


If you know me at all, I am almost never home. When I am not at work I am always out and about EXPLORING, and sharing a few GIGGLES with my friends. Life is just too short not to.


Something I get asked on the regular is recommendations of things to do around LEXINGTON

Well FRIENDS here ya go, a few of my favorite things to do:


WANDER AROUND VINTAGE STORES.

Even if vintage or antiques aren't your thing, still give it a try, you are sure to find something that reminds you of your childhood, or makes ya think who in the world would want this strange object.

Obviously I am going to tell you to go to STREET SCENE, because its awesome and AMAZING people work there... but I am not biased at all... 

I also really enjoy going to FEATHER YOUR NEST, POPS RESALE and going to garage sales, Which yes I realize garage sales aren't a vintage store, but its outside and you get to look at people stuff, which is amusing all in itself.


VISIT POP UP SHOPS

While I love visiting brick and mortar stores, pop up shops can be very exciting. Everyone brings the best of the best stuff they have and display it oh so simply for you to see.

I enjoy going to the LEXINGTON FARMERS MARKET weekly to get my fresh produce and flowers for the week. If ya didn't know the farmers market isn't only on Saturday, it takes place on Sunday on southland drive, Tuesday and Thursday off West Maxwell, and Wednesdays off Alumni Drive.

NIGHT MARKET, oh man you guys this is my favorite, all the best local vendors , food trucks, music, West 6th Beer, and anything else you could ask for. It takes place the first Friday of every month in the most PERFECT corner lot of Bryan Avenue, North Lime, and Loudon 



DID SOMEONE SAY BRUNCH?

Need I say anymore.

Here we go... DOODLES, VILLAGE IDIOT, WINCHELL'S, and NORTH LIME COFFEE AND DONUTS (I am literally here at least twice a week... OOPS) I could sit here and name about a million other places, but I will let you find them.


TAKE A WALK

Really, thats all just take a walk.

A few of my favorite places to walk, MCCONNELL SPRINGS the natural springs are so pretty, and the trees out there are fantastic. WEST 3RD STREET, the houses are GORGEOUS, and some of them have gardens just as pretty. Obviously the ARBORETUM, but take a walk through 'the woods' or their garden area, you won't be disappointed. 


ENJOY AN ATMOSPHERE 

I LOVE when places have a great atmosphere.

 A few of my favorites NATIONAL PROVISIONS, you can eat, drink beer at the BEER HALL, and they now have A GROCERY, too cool. MICHLER'S FLORIST, omg this is THE best place ever. I could get lost in their green houses for hours... and they just opened a cafe among the plants and gardens... and they have local beer. WINE + MARKET, the most Parisian feeling place I have ever been, and I love it. DISTILLERY DISTRICT, right by a little stream you can grab a drink and sit by the fire, great things are happening over there folks, great things. Ya gotta go experience it for yourself


READ A BOOK OR ENJOY A FILM

Well ya can read a book just about anywhere, I enjoy going to outdoor areas and plopping myself down on a blanket. 

Going to the drive in. Well this technically isn't in Lexington, its in Winchester KY, but its close enough. SKY-VUE TWIN DRIVE-IN, its the best, why sit in a theater then you can sit outside????????


Until next time friends

xoxo

Jillian 


No comments:

Post a Comment